March 21, 2009

mindless rambling.

I've always consider myself to be fairly intuitive person. I tend to pick up on subtle details about individuals that usually slip past others. However, the problem I am faced with always ends up being.. what do I do with this knowledge? How to I reach out? This is where my social skills fall flat. I can sympathize with the person, understand where they are coming from, but when it comes to putting this into something verbal and coherent, I fail. And that, I am sorry for. Perhaps all I really have to offer is a pair of listening ears and a shoulder to cry on.

p.s. my jazz/big band collection is coming along nicely. Cole Porter, Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington, and Benny Goodman. But I will never forget my leading lady, Billie Holiday. The woman who sparked my curiosity in those old time blues and gave my mornings some much needed soul.

This video is pretty sweet as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment